Book of Basics
Products and Platforms
» Download this section as PDF (opens in a new tab/window)
Nutanix has come a long way after pioneering Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI). Over the years, Nutanix capabilities and services have grown substantially providing a complete Cloud Platform.
Nutanix Cloud Platform
The Nutanix Cloud Platform is a secure, resilient, and self-healing platform for building your hybrid multicloud infrastructure to support all kinds of workloads and use cases across public and private clouds, multiple hypervisors and containers, with varied compute, storage, and network requirements.
Nutanix Cloud Platform
The building blocks of Nutanix Cloud Platform are Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure and Nutanix Cloud Manager. These are the products that fall under each of them to form a complete solution.
Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure (NCI)
- AOS Scale-Out Storage
- This is the core of Nutanix Cloud Platform and provides a distributed, performant, and resilient storage platform that scales linearly.
- AHV Hypervisor
- Native enterprise class virtualization, management and monitoring capabilities are provided by AHV. The Nutanix Cloud Platform also supports ESXi and Hyper-V.
- Virtual Networking
- AHV comes with standard VLAN-backed virtual networking. You can also enable Flow Virtual Networking to provide virtual private cloud (VPC) and other advanced networking constructs in AHV for enhanced isolation, automation, and multi-tenancy.
- Disaster Recovery
- Integrated disaster recovery that is simple to deploy and easy to manage, providing flexible RPO and RTO options on-prem and in the cloud
- Container Services
- Nutanix Cloud platform provides compute and data for container services like OpenShift and provides an enterprise Kubernetes management solution (Nutanix Kubernetes Engine), to deliver and manage an end-to-end production ready Kubernetes environment.
- Data and Network Security
- Comprehensive security for data using encryption with a built-in local key manager and software-based firewalls for network and applications with Flow Network Security.
Nutanix Cloud Manager (NCM)
- AI Operations (NCM Intelligent Operations)
- Optimizes capacity, proactively detects performance anomalies and provides capability to automate operational tasks that can streamline infrastructure management
- Self-Service Infrastructure/App Lifecycle Management (NCM Self-Service)
- Orchestration with the ability to manage, deploy and scale applications across hybrid clouds with self-service, automation, and centralized role-based governance.
- Cost Governance
- Drive financial accountability with intelligent resource sizing and accurate visibility into cloud metering and chargeback.
- Security Central
- Security dashboard that unifies cloud security operations, identifies workload vulnerabilities, manages microsegmentation, and adheres to regulatory compliance requirements for strategic initiatives like Zero Trust.
In addition to NCI and NCM, the Nutanix Cloud Platform also provides the following services.
Nutanix Unified Storage Services
- Files Storage
- Simple, Secure, software-defined scale-out file storage and management
- Objects Storage
- Simple, Secure and scale-out S3 compatible object storage at massive scale
- Volumes Block Storage
- Enterprise class scale-out block storage that exposes storage resources directly to virtualized guest operating systems or physical hosts
- Mine Integrated Backup
- Natively integrated turnkey backup solution
Nutanix Database Service
Simplified and automated database lifecycle management across hybrid clouds
Deliver virtual desktops and applications on any cloud at scale.
Nutanix Cloud Platform can be deployed on-prem, in public clouds using Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2), in a colocation, or at edge as required. For licensing and software options please visit Nutanix.com Software Options Page.
Nutanix supports a variety of vendor platforms and configurations. Platforms can be Nutanix appliances, OEM platforms and third-party server vendors for on-prem platforms.
Additionally, Nutanix software also runs in public cloud platforms with NC2 and service provider clouds.
For a complete list, please visit the Nutanix.com Platforms Page.