Book of Basics
web·scale - /web ‘ skãl/ - noun - computing architecture
a new architectural approach to infrastructure and computing.
Nutanix leverages “Web-scale” principles throughout our software stack. Web-scale doesn’t mean you need to be as big as Google, Facebook, Amazon, or Microsoft in order to leverage them. Web-scale principles are applicable and beneficial at any scale, whether 3-nodes or thousands of nodes.
There are a few key constructs used when talking about “Web-scale” infrastructure:
- Software defined intelligence
- Distributed autonomous systems
- Incremental and linear scale out
Other related items:
- API-based automation and rich analytics
- Security as a core tenant
This book will cover these basics as well as the core architectural concepts.